Thursday, January 24, 2008

Biodiversity in Kansas

Unlike what some people from Lawrence, KS like to say, there really is diversity in the state. There is even biodiversity, and if the hippies from KU would ever take the time to stop berating the state, they too could see some of these animals. This is by no means a definitive list, just some of the animals I've come across when I've had a camera.



Horny ToadElk
Mule Deer (at least I think these are mule deer, not 100% sure)
Some variety of small fish (this is a whopper in my books really)
Whitetail Deer
I live in the suburbs of Kansas City, there is a small creekbed behind my house, and sometimes guys like this show up. 20 yards past him is the next house, hopefully I see him again next year. He was chasing a doe that frequents the area.



No comments: